[Ohrrpgce] Better Linux Binaries

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Tue Jan 31 11:20:52 PST 2017

I recently discovered that 64 bit binaries of the ohrrpgce build on Ubuntu
16.04 will not run on Ubuntu 14.04 because of glibc incompatibilities.

Googling about this issue led me to
http://freegamedev.net/wiki/Portable_binaries where I learned that we
should be linking against the oldest glibc version that we can make work.

How exactly to link against an old glbc is a mystery to me at the moment,
but I see that I have some more problems to solve before I will reasonably
be able to use my home computer to build the nightly linux builds, since it
is running Ubuntu 16.04 (unless I decide to go the Virtualbox for even
Linux)