[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/8376 Convert the mapping GOSUB block into mapeditor_mapping() SUB

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Thu Feb 2 07:26:36 PST 2017

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 4:19 PM, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Great! That one branch crossing warning in mapping has been annoying.
> I noticed that you didn't move certain arrays like lockedzonelist() into
> MapEditState. Don't forget that you can now put variable-length arrays in
> UDTs! You have to declare them like "lockedzonelist(any) as integer". The
> 'any' indicates that it's a varlen array with a single dimension; add more
> anys for more dimensions.

Ooh! I did not know that. I have fixed it.

I also tried to move mode_tools_map() into MapEditState, but that caused a
somewhat nonsensical error message in custom.udts.bi that did not seem to
have anything to do with the part of the code that I was actually changing

/home/james/Dropbox/src/ohr/wip/custom_udts.bi(344) error 14: Expected
identifier, found 'MenuState' in 'zonemenustate as MenuState'

> Also, if you want to remove the GOSUBs in sprite_editor you can; I'm not
> currently working on it. Currently some of the tools in sprite_editor are
> implemented in GOSUBs, and some are just inlined in sprctrl. Since I
> converted it to Frames, most of the tools are just a single line plus
> boilerplate, so I was thinking of just inlining most rather than subifying,
> though consistency would be cleaner. Not sure if cleaning up sprctrl is
> even going to be beneficial long term...

I'll tackle sprite_editor's gosubs if I have time.

Am I correct to guess that you *are* doing something with the map tile
editor that I should avoid stepping on?