[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/8148 Fix android builds segfaulting. ndk-build was compiling filelayer.cpp wi

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 09:48:35 PDT 2016

Yes, you will need to append that last line. Wow, I didn't realise android
builds have been broken for so long!

Actually, we are really close to being able to compile libapplication.so
for android directly from scons; even fbc can now produce working android
binaries directly. Another option would be to compile it with ndk-build
ourselves (which is easy, because we already have the necessary .mk files
provided by the commandergenius port). Plus with Chrono/Kevin's
ohrrpgce-android packager (which compiles the java code), the only thing we
would need commandergenius for is to compile libsdl.so. But, it's probably
not worth the effort of changing our build system much just for that;
letting people create .apks themselves would be nice though.

Also, I have been working on some major changes to the sconscript, so that
it can do general cross-compiling instead of just supporting android as a
special case. To actually use it you would need a cross-compiling
toolchain, and unfortunately I don't know if it's even possible to set one
up to target OSX, but I think all other platforms are easy.

You can now get FB 1.06 for android, see
http://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/Compiling_for_Android
So, I can now start using modern FB features. Inheritance! Polymorphism!
Runtime type checking! Properties! Dynamic arrays in UDTs! Length zero
arrays! It looks like FB 1.00 was the first to have all of those, but
requiring FB 1.04 is a good target, since it made a lot of significant
changes, including retranslating most headers, which made supporting 1.04
and 1.03 simultaneously painful.