[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/8181 Extra arguments to resetgame and loadfromslot now get passed to the newg

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 07:31:21 PDT 2016

On 30 October 2016 at 03:20, <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> teeemcee
> 2016-10-29 07:20:23 -0700 (Sat, 29 Oct 2016)
> 92
> Extra arguments to resetgame and loadfromslot now get passed to the
> newgame/loadgame scripts
> ---
> U   wip/docs/plotdict.xml
> U   wip/game.bas
> U   wip/game_udts.bi
> U   wip/plotscr.hsd
> U   wip/scriptcommands.bas
> U   wip/testgame/autotest.hss
> U   wip/testgame/autotest.rpg
> U   wip/whatsnew.txt

I forgot to mention:
- I added a "callstack" script to autotest.hss, and improved the "crash"
script. Later I'll move callstack into plotscr.hsd
- I added testcases for resetgame and loadfromslot, but they really made a
mess of the newgame and loadgame scripts. This really is some of the most
difficult to understand and ugly code I have ever written in my life; it
took me hours to get it working. Maybe they should be moved to a separate
.rpg.
- By passing arguments to the autotest.rpg newgame script we can reset the
game repeatedly and run a separate test suite each time. That would be so
much better than having to be very careful we don't screw up other tests!