[Ohrrpgce] teleport to map doesn't cancel walking

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 18:36:24 PDT 2016

I guess it's possible that someone used teleport to map followed by puthero
to fix misalignment, so that they could make the map appear to transform in
the middle of a step ... however that would only work if you had no NPCs,
and it seems terribly unlikely that anyone has ever done that (as opposed
to using teleporttomap during a controlled cutscene for the same effect).

Aside from that one special case of using puthero, noone would want
misalignment on the new map.

But what about using walkhero to move multiple tiles, stepping on a door
part way? That's a slightly more realistic thing to make use of, though I
it still doesn't seem too likely to be games depending on it. Up to you.
Movement should definitely default to cancelling entirely when you change
map, not just cancelling the current 20 pixel 'step'.