[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/8168 scons: Cross-compiling to Windows now works!

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 08:09:02 PDT 2016

On 17 October 2016 at 03:53, <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> teeemcee
> 2016-10-16 07:53:15 -0700 (Sun, 16 Oct 2016)
> 44
> scons: Cross-compiling to Windows now works!
> ---
> U   wip/SConscript
> U   wip/whatsnew.txt

Turns out that setting up a cross compiler to Windows is amazingly easy
thanks to mxe; I've put instructions for setting it up at
http://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/Cross-compiling
In future if I want to compile a custom sdl_mixer.dll build or try out 64
bit windows builds, I'll definitely use mxe for that.

>From now on I'm definitely going to cross-compile from linux to windows,
because it's 10x faster than compiling in my Win XP VM, which actually gets
slower if I give it more than one core to run on! I could make scons run
all the tests under wine when cross-compiling, then I wouldn't need the VM
when not working on gfx_directx.dll ;)