[Ohrrpgce] release compile hiccup

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Mon Apr 4 07:49:41 PDT 2016

So after branching callipygous, I did my first test-compile, and it failed
with:

james at ghostorchid:~/tmp/ohr/rel/callipygous$ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
reloadbasic/reloadbasic.py --careful bmod.rbas -o build/bmod.rbas.bas
fbc -c build/bmod.rbas.bas -o build/bmod.rbas.o -mt -exx -g -O 2 -d
DATAFILES='"/usr/share/games/ohrrpgce"' -d IS_GAME -m game
reloadbasic/reloadbasic.py --careful menustuf.rbas -o
build/menustuf.rbas.bas
fbc -c build/menustuf.rbas.bas -o build/menustuf.rbas.o -mt -exx -g -O 2 -d
DATAFILES='"/usr/share/games/ohrrpgce"' -d IS_GAME -m game
reloadbasic/reloadbasic.py --careful moresubs.rbas -o
build/moresubs.rbas.bas
fbc -c build/moresubs.rbas.bas -o build/moresubs.rbas.o -mt -exx -g -O 2 -d
DATAFILES='"/usr/share/games/ohrrpgce"' -d IS_GAME -m game
reloadbasic/reloadbasic.py --careful savegame.rbas -o
build/savegame.rbas.bas
scons: *** [build/savegame.rbas.o] Implicit dependency `ver.txt' not found,
needed by target `build/savegame.rbas.o'.

I then checked and confirmed that ver.txt definitely did exist, so I just
ran scons again, and this time it worked with no problems.

This was on my Linux box. The same thing happened on my Mac's first
callipygous build, and again, just re-running scons fixed it

The first windows build had no such issue.