[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/7354 Distribute Game: export Mac App still needs to use the tar and gzip tool

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Tue Jul 7 12:19:13 PDT 2015

So apparently I was wrong. Mac does *not* automatically set the executable
bit on files extracted from zip files.

.zip format actually does support storage of file attributes. The zip/unzip
tools on Linux support it, the zip/unzip tools on Mac support it, and the
built-in zip support on Windows 7 uses it to turn on the executable bit for
all files added to a zip archive.

What does NOT support it is the build of zip.exe that we are actually using
in the ohrrpgce on Windows.

So until I have resolved that issue, we can't switch to .zip yet.