[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/6358 New plotscripting command "NPC is disabled" for detecting when an NPC re

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Sun Feb 2 09:29:48 PST 2014

Actually, we do have a way of testing if an NPC doesn't exist at all

if(get NPC id(ref) == -1) then()

My use case for "NPC is disabled" is when I am looping through all possible
NPC ids, and doing actions on them based on their NPC id

script, create objects from npcs, begin
  variable(ref, pic, sl, nd, d, item)
  for(ref, -300, -1) do(
    sl := 0
    if(get NPC id(ref) >= 0 && not(NPC is disabled(ref))) then(
      pic := read npc(ref, NPCstat:picture)
      nd := npc direction(ref)
      switch(nd) do(
        case(left, right) do(
          sl := create monster by id(pic)
          if(nd == left) then(d := -1)
          if(nd == right) then(d := 1)
        )
        case(up, down) do(
          sl := create monster spawner(pic)
          if(nd == up) then(d := -1)
          if(nd == down) then(d := 1)
        )
      )
    )
    if(sl) then(
      set slice x(sl, npc x(ref) * 20 + 10)
      set slice y(sl, npc y(ref) * 20 + 19)
      set direction(sl, d)
    )
    destroy npc(ref)
  )
end

But if you think it would be best to make "NPC is disabled" return true for
non-existant NPCs too, I can easily make that change.