[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/6397 Remove docs for Scrunch slice because I am having second thoughts

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Wed Feb 12 21:02:17 PST 2014

To be more specific about those second thoughts

1) Although the scrunch was working nicely, I had not considered the fact
that it means that the position and size of the child slices are
effectively in different units. I had expected to deal with this manually
in my script, until I noticed that it makes the "slice edge x" and "slice
edge y" commands useless. I am reluctant to add special-case handling for
scrunch slices to those commands. That would mean i would have to script my
own versions of them for my game, and that will probably have performance
impacts. Those commands do get use a whole lot in collision detection.

2) After further testing, I doubt I can get my scripts to work reliably at
36 FPS on the OUYA. Some existing enemies drag fps down to 17 fps, which is
not a big deal when 18.3 is my target, but is game-killing when 36.6 is my
target. Considering that the game looks nice and controls nice and feels
pleasant at 18.3, I have flip-flopped back to not wanting to change the
frame rate for this game.

So that leaves me doubting whether I should leave ScrunchSlice in at all. I
am leaning towards removing it, and I can always add it back later if
somebody is working on a project that would benefit from it.