[Ohrrpgce] better palette options

David Gowers (kampu) 00ai99 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 06:17:14 PDT 2010

Just a quick reply now, the rest when I do not need to go to bed:

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 11:11 PM, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com> wrote:

>> <- various updates, still considering other updates as a consequence
>> of Mike's input.
>
> Initially I thought tag2ctr was quite nice, but I wonder whether some
> people will find the extra layer of indirection required to use tags
> in their animations as they currently can in TAP to be confusing.

I resisted adding a 'checktag' opcode, because it seemed to me that
doing that would make it easy for people to make complicated
nonsensical loop structures (overloading the animation system far
beyond 'run anim, which could go along branch A or branch B, and
possibly do a little variation here or loop for a time there, until it
ends.'* (completely incidentally, it gives better cache locality.).
However that might just be paranoia, I'll look at adding such an
opcode.

* which IME is about the limits of what 98% of existing anims do anyway.