[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/3886 a work-in-progress editor definition file

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Sun Oct 17 17:50:23 PDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 01:26:44AM +1300, Ralph Versteegen wrote:
> [...]

Excellent

> I assume the multiline text entry is just a general RELOAD editing
> capability, and has nothing to do with the Editor Editor?

Yeah, I just wanted it to be possible to edit long lines, even though I
don't expect any in the editor definition files.

> What was the complaint about intgrabber going "crazy" at high values?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. It is still doing it. When I was
capping integer values at 32767, it was working fine, but when I started
capping them at eh... 2 billion whatever, the max value for a signed
32-bit integer, it started acting crazy when you cross the max value.
Just type 9999999999999999999 to see it in action. Probably a simple
overflow.

> I also notice that pasting a node value doesn't change the node type,
> instead failing to work.

Oops! I better re-do copy and paste rather than replying on the built-in
copy and paste for intgrabber and strgrabber.

> I've just seen the editor crash twice after loading
> heroes.reld.editor, editing it, then going back to the RELOAD browser
> without saving. Other times it doesn't happen. I would post the
> backtrace, but it's huge.

Interesting. I haven't seen that yet. Maybe mail it to me off-list?