[Ohrrpgce] FreeBASIC Mac OS X build

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 23:34:28 PDT 2010

On 6 October 2010 10:20, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 02:48:17AM +1300, Ralph Versteegen wrote:
>> OK, I finally have an fbc build that can compile itself and the OHR.
>> James (and anyone else who's interested), let me know if you can get
>> it working. To compile, stick the SDL and SDL_mixer frameworks
>> somewhere (preferably use at least the SDL_mixer build below), stick
>> fbc in PATH (it's a standalone build), make sure SDLmain.a is in
>> $(libpaths) if needed, edit $(FRAMEWORKS_PATH) if needed, and build
>> with make.
>
> Okay, I figured out FRAMEWORKS_PATH (doy, I don't know how I missed it
> the first time!)
>
> but I am still stumpled on this libintl thing. If i just simply try to
> compile verprint...
>
> broaste:~/src/ohr/wip james$ fbc -lang deprecated verprint.bas
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib
>  Referenced from: /Users/james/misc/fbc-mac/bin/darwin/as
>  Reason: image not found
>
> On my system /usr/local/lib is almost completely empty. All it has is
> just a handful of dylib files for macfuse.
>
> I searched my whole filesystem for limintl and I found
> /opt/local/lib/libintl.8.dylib
>
> But adding /opt/local/lib to libpaths doesn't help.
>
> Just as an experiment I tried symlinking from
> /opt/local/lib/libintl.8.dylib to /usr/local/lib/libintl.8.dylib but
> then it informed me that the archetecture was wrong.
>
> broaste:~/src/ohr/wip james$ fbc -lang deprecated verprint.bas
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib
>  Referenced from: /Users/james/misc/fbc-mac/bin/darwin/as
>  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
>        /usr/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
>        /usr/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture

Bizarre, I wonder what architecture they are? ("file" will tell)

> Which caused me to decide I was barking up the wrong tree, and I hastily
> deleted the errant symlink, lest it cause my mac to catch fire as a
> single teardrop escapes from the eye of Steve Jobs.
>
> ---
> James

OK, I recompiled as, statically linking in libintl. Bizarrely, in
order to do so, I had to add Cocoa and CoreFoundation as dependencies!
Other than that, fbc should run on a real darwin system, so I'll leave
the old download up. All other dependencies appear to come standard on
OS 10.4 and later.
http://tmc.castleparadox.com/freebasic/fbc-mac-20101006-2.tar.bz2