[Ohrrpgce] FreeBASIC Mac OS X build

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Tue Oct 5 14:20:00 PDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 02:48:17AM +1300, Ralph Versteegen wrote:
> OK, I finally have an fbc build that can compile itself and the OHR.
> James (and anyone else who's interested), let me know if you can get
> it working. To compile, stick the SDL and SDL_mixer frameworks
> somewhere (preferably use at least the SDL_mixer build below), stick
> fbc in PATH (it's a standalone build), make sure SDLmain.a is in
> $(libpaths) if needed, edit $(FRAMEWORKS_PATH) if needed, and build
> with make.

Okay, I figured out FRAMEWORKS_PATH (doy, I don't know how I missed it
the first time!)

but I am still stumpled on this libintl thing. If i just simply try to
compile verprint...

broaste:~/src/ohr/wip james$ fbc -lang deprecated verprint.bas
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/james/misc/fbc-mac/bin/darwin/as
  Reason: image not found

On my system /usr/local/lib is almost completely empty. All it has is
just a handful of dylib files for macfuse.

I searched my whole filesystem for limintl and I found
/opt/local/lib/libintl.8.dylib

But adding /opt/local/lib to libpaths doesn't help.

Just as an experiment I tried symlinking from
/opt/local/lib/libintl.8.dylib to /usr/local/lib/libintl.8.dylib but
then it informed me that the archetecture was wrong.

broaste:~/src/ohr/wip james$ fbc -lang deprecated verprint.bas
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/james/misc/fbc-mac/bin/darwin/as
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
        /usr/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
        /usr/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture

Which caused me to decide I was barking up the wrong tree, and I hastily
deleted the errant symlink, lest it cause my mac to catch fire as a
single teardrop escapes from the eye of Steve Jobs.