[Ohrrpgce] an idea about slice motion

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Fri Jan 23 12:03:51 PST 2009

I had a though about moving slices.

It would be pretty easy for me to add members to Slices like ->Xspeed
->Yspeed ->Xgo ->Ygo

Then I could add an AnimateSliceTree sub which would be called on the
tree once a cycle. If there was a non-zero "go" value, it would move the
slice according to speed, and then decrement go towards zero.

This means there could be commands like:

  # move a sprite 1 pixel down over each of 5 ticks
  move slice y(handle, 1, 5)
  wait for slice(handle)

Does anybody else like this idea?

The thing that gave me the idea was that I was thinking about
retrofitting the battle system to use slices for animations now, so when
we add battlescripting it will be easy to hook into animations.

---
James Paige