[Ohrrpgce] Subversion-like game updates

Adam Perry arperry at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 09:28:49 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Jay Tennant
<hierandel8 at crazyleafgames.com>wrote:

> I'm getting 6 guys together to work on a game idea a friend has, and it
> occurred to us that we cannot work together simultaneously on the game file.
> That is, one person would be building the game file, and everyone else could
> work on content. Which is ok.
>
> However, it'd be _very_ nice if we could each have a copy of the game file,
> and if one updates a section of the game, those updates could be merged with
> the other game copies. For example, if John edits maptile set 0, and Frank
> edits maptile set 3, a single file will merge the updates of John's maptile
> set 0 and Frank's maptile set 3.

If I'm not mistaken, Wandering Hamster and Vikings of Midgard both exist in
the OHR repository unlumped. You can do the same thing for your project as
long as you don't need to both work on the same file.

That won't solve John and Frank's problem, but for a lot of the places
there'd be overlap, an import is available (textboxes, graphics).

--
"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is victory over
lesser men" -Miyamoto Musashi.