[Dev] how to collect performance data from users?

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Mon Oct 27 10:21:58 PDT 2008

I was having someone test out the Bob Sidescroller, and he reported that
it ran PAINFULLY slow. His computer was of a decent speed and the
slowness he described was sufficently severe than I am guessing that his
video card doesn't support hardware accelerated opengl-- or that we are
depending on some opengl feature that his opengl driver is doing in
software.

I found this tool:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Benchmarks/OpenGL-Geometry-Benchmark.shtml
which produces a nice list of OpenGL performance information, but I
don't know enough about opengl to know exactly which performance
measurements are relvant to motherhamster.