[Dev] SVN: james/501 Math Marauders: Now saves any changes you make to the map

Brian Fisher brian at hamsterrepublic.com
Fri Apr 11 14:49:05 PDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 1:48 PM, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com>
wrote:

> .AddBootstrapObjectForAssetID says to me that it will use value whenever
> the AssetID is "default" ... which doesn't sound right ot me. What about
> just .SetDefaultObject ?
>
> When you say "SetDefaultObject" are you saying that you want it so that
anytime somebody tries to get an asset of any particular name, it always
exists, and is saveable, regardless of whether something of that name exists
on disk? Wouldn't you be worried about broken references sliding by without
error? (i.e. you delete or rename or move something and you don't
necessarily get to ever know)

Cause what I was thinking of was just solving the bootstrapping problem -
the idea that you can have one editable saveable copy even if you don't have
one. And then if you want to add more, now you have to be explicit in your
references and in what you create, and making those match...