[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/12449 Docker: ohrrpgce-build-env-wine now has mingw64 and euphoria

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Sat Sep 18 17:56:26 PDT 2021

So now not only does fbc work in the wine docker container, so does mingw64
and euphoria

 *wine scons hspeak* actually works, and produces a working hspeak.exe
(tested with *wine hspeak*)

compiling game and custom fails though. I see two problems so far.

First, when scons executes reloadbasic/reloadbasic.py on Windows, this
relies on the .py file type being associated with python, so scons seems to
be directly invoking *reloadbasic/reloadbasic.py* and this works on Real
windows because the filetype is associated with python.exe but on Wine,
this type of file association does not seem to work, even when I make sure
the association is set up with regedit.

Editing the constructor for the rbasic_builder in Sconscript to *Builder
(action = ["C:\Python39\python.exe", [File('reloadbasic/reloadbasic.py'),
...* does work and fixes the problem, so I just need to work out a clean
way to do that without breaking other platforms.

The other error is this:

os_windows.bas(107) error 20: Type mismatch, before ')' in 'dim fd as
integer = _open_osfhandle(cast(integer, fhandle), 0)'
os_windows.bas(714) warning 35(1): Mixing signed/unsigned operands
os_windows.bas(784) warning 35(1): Mixing signed/unsigned operands

Which makes me think I might have a mismatch in my FreeBasic/mingw64
versions, but I don't really know yet, just a wild guess.