[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/12369 Updated rcedit.exe, fixing #38 "Virus scanners raise false alarm on game

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 07:41:43 PDT 2021

Hah! Looks like it... I went through the buglist and started making plans
for fixing other bugs! There's one in particular I may need to fix as it
would prevent one method of embedding data files into game.exe.

...and that's the reason I went to the trouble of installing VS2015 instead
of writing a simple function to fix the checksum myself, after first
struggling to get rcedit to compile with my trusty VS2010 Express (actually
runs on XP) by removing some C++14-isms (turns out I don't know C++ well
anymore!) What a nightmare! Microsoft helpfully intentionally broke their
VS2015 installer (it downloads files and checks their SHA-1 hashes!
Intolerably insecure!!!) so instead I had to wait half a day for a huge
.iso to download (4 marginally different versions of the Windows 10 SDK! A
complete Android SDK!)...