[Ohrrpgce] Hróðvitnir blockers?

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Tue Nov 17 10:19:32 PST 2020

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 8:18 AM Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've made gfx_sdl2 the default build on Linux and Windows, though I don't
> know whether anyone got the svn commit messages. I didn't.

Yeah, the commit message e-mails are borked.
I dug into it a but today and found two different problems
1) Dreamhost changed svn to run as an apache service user (www-data)
instead of as my user (james_paige) and the commit e-mail script contained
a ~ which resolved to the wrong place when it was run for real. I fixed
that part.
2) The dreamhost mail server associated with lists.motherhamster.org is
blocking the IP address of the dreamhost apache/svn server due to a
Spamhaus RBL. I checked all of the relevant IP addresses and e-mail
addresses in Spamhaus's online tool, and none of them listed, which
probably means dreamhost is using an obsolete cached copy of the the
blocklist, so I reported it to their tech support. Maybe they'll fix it?

> However, Linux nightlies are failing because the libsdl2 and libsdl2_mixer
> libraries are missing from both build VMs.

Fixed!

> I think gfx_sdl2 on Mac is not complete and not ready yet and should be
> put off until a later release, due to:
> <https://github.com/ohrrpgce/ohrrpgce/issues/1183>
> #1175: Mac/gfx_sdl2: crash when unplugging and replugging a controller
> <https://github.com/ohrrpgce/ohrrpgce/issues/1175>
> #1181: Mac/gfx_sdl2: Random crash when resizing window
> <https://github.com/ohrrpgce/ohrrpgce/issues/1181>
> #1183: Mac/gfx_sdl2 lacks custom menu bar
> <https://github.com/ohrrpgce/ohrrpgce/issues/1183>
>
> However, #1181 won't actually affect games distributed for Mac, and #1183
> isn't very important, so we could still make sdl2 the default for
> distributed games. And when SDL 2.0.14 is finally released we can re-upload
> the mac-minimal package for hróðvitnir with the fix for #1175. Considering
> that every Mac game that uses SDL2 is affected by #1175, which is an awful
> lot of them, I guess it's not such a showstopper.
>
> The change in backends also causes problems for the Distribute Game menu
> which we need to sort out, because it needs to know which backends are in
> use by downloaded builds for Windows and Linux (not Mac). Plus we don't
> want to break older versions of the engine. I'll file a bug with more
> details.

Yeah, I can see is treating those as non-blockers for those reasons.
for bug #1181 does it happen when maximizing/unmaximizing or switching
between full-screen and windowed?

> I'm going to try add the gamecontroller API to gfx_sdl2 before release too.
>
> One more blocker, I found some bugs in the Local/Global NPC editor a while
> back that I didn't get around to fixing, but to re-find and document them
> is time consuming. But I do remember that there's a bug on this line!
>
>     IF starts_with(menu(state.pt), "Global") THEN
>      'Oh my gosh this is such a hack I hope TMC doesn't see. SHHH! Nobody
> tell him!
>      npcdef = @st.global_npc_def(npcinst->id - 1)

Haha! You caught me! :D
No worries, I fixed it this morning.