[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/12149 Dockerfile for bobthehamster/ohrrpgce-mxe-build-env now works, and is ca

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 17:01:30 PST 2020

On Mon, 28 Dec 2020 at 15:05, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> I can successfully cross-compile game.exe and custom.exe from this docker
> container with
>
> scons target=i686-w64-mingw32.static
>
> Great!

> I haven't actually tried running them yet, but I'll get there :D
> I noticed that I cannot compile speak the same way:
>
> scons target=i686-w64-mingw32.static hspeak
>
> This just results in compiling hspeak for linux.

Right, scons doesn't support cross-compiling hspeak. I'd forgotten that
hiccup. I don't know whether it is even possible to build an euc that can
cross-compile, but I'll try it and report back, since we're already
compiling FB anyway. I know that a euphoria build can only target a single
platform which is why we need separate copies of euphoria for x86 and
x86_64 linux.
Alternatively, we could run euc under wine, since we unfortunately need
wine anyway for scons pdb=1 builds

To get everything compiling (after all the needed -dev libs were installed)
> I ended up adding CFLAGS="-g -DDISABLE_FFI" for the 32 and 64 bit Linux
> targets, since I could not figure out the Linux equivalent of the
> `$TARGET-pkg-config libffi --cflags`" thing that worked for
> TARGET="i686-w64-mingw32.static"
>
> I guess I just need to read the docs and figure out what the right $TARGET
> is for 32 and 64 bit Linux

I would expect it would be `pkg-config libffi --cflags`, since that's not a
crosscompile, although I see I also have a
x86_64-slackware-linux-gnu-pkg-config on my machine.
But I've never needed to use pkg-config for libffi on Linux (and it prints
nothing for --cflags), and you mustn't have either, when you previously
compiled fbc to target android. I wonder what's different about the Docker
environment.