[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/12132 Add a Jenkinsfile that can build and upload a nightly wip linux 64bit bu

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Mon Dec 21 03:34:54 PST 2020

I expect to retire the ohrrpgce-docjer repo completely after this is
working well. So more of a slow-motion move rather than a duplication

And yes, actually, just linking to those tarballs instead of including them
in the source would be fine. I'll just have to remember where they are
officially hosted.

The only such tarballs or zips that need to be included are ones with
unknown or unreliable official sources.

Compiling the FreeBasic builds inside the docker build process is actually
perfectly reasonable, and I do like the idea of having a single
multi-target FB. If you can point me to the instructions on how to do it,
I'll try to get it working in docker.

On Sun., Dec. 20, 2020, 8:51 p.m. Ralph Versteegen, <teeemcee at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Well, I'm thoroughly lost in all this newfangled process automation
> tooling; as I get older I finally understand resistance to change! :) But I
> don't think I'll need to touch any of this.
>
> I'm confused, what's the relation between this and your ohrrpgce-docker
> repo? It looks like you've copied over just a few files from it?
>
> Should we be putting these tarballs in our repo, rather than downloading
> them from wherever they are officially hosted?
> It seems necessary for the docker containers to download a lot of packages
> anyway: the android SDK/NDK, mxe and another Mac cross-compilers. A
> crosscompiling toolchain is pretty huge.
> Of course, we do already have lots of binaries in the repo, but all these
> tarballs promise to be particularly large (so I think should be excluded
> from source tarballs) and increase the git repo size every time they're
> updated (you didn't use the latest version of FB!). Wow, Euphoria is double
> the size of FB? I never realised how small a FB distribution is; I can't
> really complain that much.
>
> I guess we will have to upload/include Mac and Android builds of FB
> (rather than compile them inside Docker?)
> But if we are going to have to compile and upload FB builds anyway, why
> not make it a single FB installation that runs on linux64 and can target
> linux32, linux64, win32, android and (once the cross compiler is figured
> out) mac32, mac64? That's not harder than creating a single-target FB
> package, you just invoke `make` multiple times.
> Of course, building that FB package is something that should be
> automated... using Docker...
>

> On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 at 11:05, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
>
>> This is still pretty minimal, but I think it will be a good base for me
>> to build upon.
>>
>> Right now it only does 64 bit linux, but I plan to add the other
>> platforms to the same file, hopefully with some checkbox parameterization
>> so they all build by default but you can easily select to build just one if
>> you need to.
>>

>> On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 4:17 PM <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> james
>>> 2020-12-20 13:17:09 -0800 (Sun, 20 Dec 2020)