[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/11689 Empty party ranks no longer have dummy slices. Hero slices are preserved

Mon Apr 6 22:53:53 PDT 2020

teeemcee
2020-04-06 22:53:53 -0700 (Mon, 06 Apr 2020)
908
Empty party ranks no longer have dummy slices. Hero slices are preserved when sawpping heroes.

Previously there were 4 hero slices which were marked invisible if the hero
didn't exist. This was annoying since you could stumble across the dummy slice
on the map and not know what it was (which is the reason I made the slice editor
show NPC and Hero slices). It broke my scripts at least once. And I've always
hated having dummy slices.

When heroes were swapped, their slices didn't get swapped, leading to a mess you
had to manually clean up if you'd modified the slices.

Active party heroes still have hidden slices if the caterpillar is disabled.

gam.hero(slot).sl now is a pointer to the hero slice, aliased by herow(rank).sl,
and I added herow(rank).party_slot convenience member while at it.

HeroSliceContext now contains the hero slot, not the rank. "hero rank from slice" translates it to a rank.
---
U   wip/game.bas
U   wip/game_udts.bi
U   wip/moresubs.rbas