[Ohrrpgce] [ohrrpgce:bugs] #2041 Attacks cannot occur on the same clock tick

Santino Labbate santinolabbate at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 22 23:51:26 PDT 2019

---

** [bugs:#2041] Attacks cannot occur on the same clock tick**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** OHRRPGCE
**Created:** Sat Mar 23, 2019 06:51 AM UTC by Santino Labbate
**Last Updated:** Sat Mar 23, 2019 06:51 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

At first glance this might not look like a bug, but allow me to persuade you!

If two attacks would occur on the same tick of the combat clock, one of them always occurs first and the other occurs on the next tick, allowing "energy meters" to advance by one tick in between them.

For example, I create a chain of attacks: the first greatly increases the hero's speed, and the second returns it to normal with a delay of 1 tick *(this creates a sort of "quick recover" effect where the energy bar gains a chunck all at once)*. If an enemy happens to do another attack right when that second attack was scheduled to happen, the enemy's attack will occur first and the clock will tick one more time before the hero's speed returns to normal, giving the player *two* ticks of "super speed" rather than one.

This isn't a "bug" per se, but it does randomly goof with our ability to precicely schedule interesting effects using chains and delays.

If all attacks scheduled for a particular tick would resolve *before* the clock ticked, it would fix the issue.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because ohrrpgce at lists.motherhamster.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/ohrrpgce/bugs/