[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/11036 Checkin utilities from Google Breakpad for analysing Minidump files

Wed Mar 13 21:42:15 PDT 2019

teeemcee
2019-03-13 21:42:15 -0700 (Wed, 13 Mar 2019)
993
Checkin utilities from Google Breakpad for analysing Minidump files

https://chromium.googlesource.com/breakpad/breakpad/
git commit 3ee9a0b27438 (current as of 2019-02-12)
3-clause BSD licensed.

minidump_stackwalk processes minidumps, including normal ones created on
Windows, or on other OSes by Breakpad.
I compiled it for linux x86_64 with -Os (size optimised) and stripped it.  (It's
built as src/processor/minidump_stackwalk.) We don't have any other linux
binaries in the repo, but I think convenience is a good enough reason to start.

dump_syms.exe is taken from src/tools/windows/binaries/dump_syms.exe in the
Breakpad repository. It produces a .sym file from a .exe or .pdb file, which is
a portable, open, and non-OS-specific debuginfo format, unlike .pdb, and which
is consumed by minidump_stackwalk. It's Windows-only.

msdiag140.dll is required by dump_syms.exe; it's from the Debug Interface Access
(DIA) SDK, Visual Studio 2015. It's a freely redistributable runtime library.
---
A   wip/support/LICENSE-breakpad.txt
A   wip/support/dump_syms.exe
A   wip/support/linux_x64/
A   wip/support/linux_x64/minidump_stackwalk
A   wip/support/msdia140.dll