[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/10966 Add "Map joystick controls to keyboard keys for scripts" bit, on by defa

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 06:04:16 PST 2019

This bit is a quick fix; I might replace it later with detailed
settings for defining the joystick to keyboard mapping.
I also wanted to extend it to map 3rd and 4th (and more) joystick
buttons to Z and Shift, since I think those are the most common
special keys used ... or maybe Z and X? Currently 3rd and 4th buttons
are alternative Use and Cancel. But maybe there are some joysticks
where 3rd and 4th buttons are 'handier'/more primary than 1st and 2nd.

Also, it seemed kind of odd to have a settings to stop joysticks from
acting like keyboard controls for scripts only, but not have any way
to prevent joystick controls from working for moving the hero.
But I think that should probably be a separate setting: Currently, you
could say that keyboard, mouse, and all joysticks control player 1,
but if you enable multiplayer controls (similar to how Ouya controls
currently work) then the first joystick might become assigned player
2. And in that case, Left on joy 1 shouldn't register as key:left if
you're reading player 1's controls regardless of this bit.

Also it would be worth testing with some games that actually do use
joystick script commands. I recall you suggested that only Ouya games
might have actually cared about distringuishing between different
controllers/keyboard.