[Ohrrpgce] Mac builds and SDL frameworks

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 00:51:36 PST 2019

Ugh, my latest commit added slightly more sanity checking which caused the
mac build to fail because hspeak was built as a 64-bit executable.
Interestingly noone has complained about this yet.
Unfortunately while euc 4.0.5+ has an -arch option it's useless, because
euphoria packages include either x86 or x86_64 libraries (in bin/), not
both. We will need to have two different copies of euphoria on the Mac
nightly build VM. This is how I build both 32-bit and 64-bit hspeak on my
own machine, if I want to test both.
For this reason the arch= arg to scons doesn't affect hspeak builds at all,
instead you have to set PATH and EUDIR.

Also, although there's a x86_64 OSX build of the latest euphoria
release 4.1.0-beta2
(2015-02-14) available:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/rapideuphoria/files/Euphoria/4.1.0-beta2/euphoria-4.1.0-OSX-x64-57179171dbed.tar.gz/download
the last x86 build is only 4.1.0 (2014-02-26):
https://sourceforge.net/projects/rapideuphoria/files/Euphoria/4.1.0/euphoria-4.1.0-OSX-ix86.tar.gz/download

James, could you put the 32-bit euphoria somewhere on the machine and tell
me where? Hmm. I guess we could avoid hardcoding the path to it by putting
both copies of euc in PATH, using 'which' find both copies, and scanning
for one with the desired arch. Preferably in SConscript. Ugh.

(As a workaround we could initially release only a 64-bit Fufluns build of
OHRRPGCE-Custom.app but both 32 and 64 bit versions of OHRRPGCE-Game.app.)