[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/11285 scons: Compile C/C++ modules with -fno-omit-frame-pointer, for better ba

Wed Aug 28 21:32:34 PDT 2019

teeemcee
2019-08-28 21:32:33 -0700 (Wed, 28 Aug 2019)
777
scons: Compile C/C++ modules with -fno-omit-frame-pointer, for better backtraces

For example any function that called showbug seemed to be missing from crashrpt
backtraces (showbug is a C wrapper function), which is very unfortunate, even
when inspecting with VC++ debugger.  Debuggers normally would be able to report
frames from functions without frame pointers, but I guess that gets lost through
cv2pdb (even with the latest version of it). I can see those frames fine when
using gdb instead.

.c files produced from .bas were already compiled with -fno-omit-frame-pointer.
This flag causes slightly less efficient code. E.g. I measure 10% slower
dither_image (which is implemented in lib/gif.h) and I think that's probably
the code with the most calls to small functions.
---
U   wip/SConscript