[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/11205 Fix arcane problem where embedding an ico into game.exe sometimes didn't

Sun Aug 4 05:20:56 PDT 2019

teeemcee
2019-08-04 05:20:55 -0700 (Sun, 04 Aug 2019)
873
Fix arcane problem where embedding an ico into game.exe sometimes didn't work.

Occurred because the default icon was actually being embedded twice, as
FB_PROGRAM_ICON and ALLEGRO_ICON. And sometimes only one of these would be
replaced by rcedit. I think both got replaced if the ico contained multiple
sizes. Probably an rcedit bug. Problem occurred with both .bmp and .ico based
icons.
ALLEGRO_ICON is actually the name of an icon group, not an icon, and Windows
uses the first icon group, which was ALLEGRO_ICON. I got rid of it.

In other news, I see that now only one virus scanner (SecureAge APEX) detects
game.exe as malicious after an icon is embedded with rcedit. A year ago,
virustotal reported 14 detections (mainly Gen:Heur.Conjar.9), regardless of the
icon embedded. SecureAge APEX seems to use machine learning, so maybe was
trained on these wrong detections.
---
U   wip/cicon.rc
U   wip/gicon.rc