[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/10377 Add support in battle for UI colors for Damage, Heal, Absorb, Poison, an

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Mon May 14 18:08:16 PDT 2018

This is great! I know Surlaw has been begging for this for years.

Note, we have a problem with text slice colors. Unfortunately text and
other slices were implemented with 0=default color, 1-255=color from master
palette, and <=-1 typically meaning a UI color. (Implemented by ColorIndex
in loading.rbas, until recently called SliceColr)
This means that color 0 is not an option! In order to allow converting
menus to slices in the future, I used the same color numbering scheme for
menu item colors. I decided being able to use color 0 doesn't actually
matter much. This does actually have an advantage: the master palette
colors aren't offset by one, so you don't have to remember to add/subtract
one when manipulating slice or menu item colors in a script, which I'm sure
would trip many people up. And color 0 is often available as uiBackground
anyway.

The same problem now exists with converting damage text in battles to text
slices, which now seems to be impossible.