[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/10244 Mouse support in the Items menu.

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 05:13:27 PDT 2018

On 31 March 2018 at 01:00, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, March 29, 2018, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Actually, I don't see the point of the ps.drag_scrolling flag. drag_dist
>>> only increases, never decreasing until the drag ends and it gets reset to
>>> zero.
>>>

>> Also, isn't ps.drag_scroll_start redundant to readmouse.clickstart?
>>

> I had been avoiding readmouse.clickstart because it's definition has a
> comment that suggests it isn't actually implemented. Maybe I was reading
> that comment wrong?

Oh, that is confusing. It is implemented. It's just that no backend reports
the position of the mouse cursor at the exact instant you clicked rather
than the mouse position when the engine polls the mouse on the next frame.
Of course, there's only a difference if you clicked and immediately dragged
the mouse. Which could be a real problem if the framerate is only 18fps.