[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/10250 Add optional right-drag scrolling support to plankmenus, and use it for

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 19:41:54 PDT 2018

I had a look at the code, and couldn't figure out where this is implemented.

But I was reminded that there is a settings menu, which we hide (using
StartupMenuButtonTimeout in the .cfg) , which has a bunch of settings for
touch and emulating right clicks and so forth. That might be the fastest
way to explore the settings.

On 30 March 2018 at 11:47, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> I also learned something odd about the android port. Apparently a
> three-finger tap triggers the "Menu" button, and a four-finger tap triggers
> the "Back" button. The ohrrpgce interprets both of these as ESC.
>
> Unfortunately, the detection of three and four finger touches is not
> great, and a rapid two-finger drag (such as scrolling) can sometimes be
> interpreted as one of them.
>
> I puzzled over why my two-finger scrolling kept exiting out of them menu
> at seemingly random times until I understood this.
>
> Hopefully I can figure out how to disable it in AndroidAppSettings.cfg
>
> ---
> James
>

> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 2:28 PM, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I have tested this on my phone in the android port, and it very nearly
>> works the way I want it to, but I am sure it will still need more tuning.
>>
>> sdl-android's two-finger right mouse support is pretty good.
>>
>> I am pleased how easy it is for me to accurately click inventory slots on
>> my 5-inch phone screen. Your mileage may vary, depending on screen size,
>> and perhaps on the physics of your fingertips ;)
>>
>> I also tested without turning off the virtual gamepad, and I am pleased
>> that the touch controls I have implemented so far work pretty decently even
>> when the virtual gamepad is obstructing parts of the touchable screen.
>>
>> For now I am not disabling the android virtual gamepad based on mouse
>> controls being enabled (although I probably will do so some extend later)
>>

>> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 2:14 PM, <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> james
>>> 2018-03-29 14:14:01 -0700 (Thu, 29 Mar 2018)