[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/10025 scons: Reduce game/custom.exe size by 1MB by compiling with --gc-section

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 06:02:27 PST 2018

It doesn't entirely work on Windows either :(
After these changes, the size of custom.exe in the nightly builds only
reduced from 4.9MB to 4.4MB (mingw, gcc 5.3). But on my machine I get 3.2MB
(with mxe/mingw-w64, gcc 5.4) or 3.3MB (with mingw on windows, gcc 4.8.1).
gcc on the nightly build machine simply isn't stripping out the dead code
it should be - there's still an extra half a megabyte of libstdc++ in there
(most of it seems to be code for locale-dependent punctuation, especially
of currency!) Not counting all the symbols for that dead code. That still
doesn't add up to the whole discrepancy, though.

Can't ssh to my mac right now, but I'll fix it blind. And I see I broke
android too. That's three different platform builds broken (including
Windows yesterday), in different ways!