[Ohrrpgce] More complete documentation

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 19:05:29 PST 2018

(tl;dr: See paragraph 2)

I notice that we neglected to document on the F1 help pages a lot of
options added in recent years. Of course, it's always a nuisance to do so,
and seems pointless when the option seems self-documenting, but we forget
to document complex stuff too. And it's really hard to notice after the
fact when something is missing from the help pages.

Therefore I propose that whenever we add a new option, we also immediately
list it on the help page, with no description given if we don't have time
to write one or if it's self-explanatory.

Even if there's no description, it's quite useful to have the option
listed, because then you can find it by searching, you can see which
options are available without trying them all in the editor (especially if
some are conditionally hiddeny)*, and we can see which options need
descriptions but don't have them yet.

* I've mentioned before my plan to markup the F1 help pages using mediawiki
markup, so that content can be moved between the help pages and the wiki,
and to go even further and allow reading all the help pages directly on the
wiki or hosted elsewhere on the website. The HOWTO used to list every
available option (often without descriptions), but the engine has expanded
so much that I think it no longer makes sense to put all that documentation
in the tutorial, and it should instead be put on separate pages without
redundancy (ie, shared between the wiki and engine help pages)