[Ohrrpgce] Menu bug on long menus

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 19:28:21 PDT 2018

I remember this problem. It's caused by the following code in
init_menu_state (for MenuDef):

  .size = menu.maxrows - 1
  IF .size = -1 THEN .size = 17

This hardcoded value of 17 is only suitable at 320x200 and only if the
itemspacing and borders haven't been changed. Obviously this needs to be
fixed, but last time I was makingchanges to the menu sizing code I left it
alone for because I didn't want to deal with it then, out of caution (eg
backcompat).
I don't think we should expect any backcompat problems changing it, because
few games run at a different resolution. If you did something like reducing
the item spacing to squeeze your 18 menu items together to leave space to
display something above or below the menu, only then would changing it be a
problem, but that sounds very unlikely to have occurred.