[Ohrrpgce] Pause for attack animations

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 01:20:53 PDT 2017

I got a complaint that the "set active battle pause for animations"
command, which toggles the active-battle bit "Pause for attack animations",
didn't work.
Turns out that the documentation for this bit:
"Pause for attack animations" pauses the battle ready meters whenever an
attack is animating."
Is totally wrong. It doesn't do that, it actually prevents any hero from
starting their turn (opening the menu) while there's an attack active (see
battle_check_for_hero_turns). Ready meters always pause during attacks.
Is this behaviour actually useful? I'm not that familiar with attack queues
and waits and active attacks. Does this just prevent the player from
interrupting an attack chain that has a pause inbetween, with no other
effect? I notice that enemies have no such check for an active attack, so I
guess they always can interrupt chains?

This bitset was called "Battle menus wait for attack animations" until
r6824. And that name seems a lot more accurate. Maybe (if we keep the bit)
it should be renamed back to that. But there's also a script command named
after it, which I guess we could alos rename (deprecating the original name)