[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/9354 Better image previewing in file browser. Now scales the image to fit and

Wed Sep 13 05:12:21 PDT 2017

teeemcee
2017-09-13 05:12:21 -0700 (Wed, 13 Sep 2017)
699
Better image previewing in file browser. Now scales the image to fit and runs at 32bit

The file browser runs at 32-bit depth, by default, in Custom. Still 8-bit in Game,
since I'm not certain that everything is OK on Android (my own phone only supports
16-bit graphics buffers).

Running at 32-bit makes previewing far, far faster because it means the step of quantising
to a paletted surface can be skipped. That was too slow when browsing 24/32 bit backdrops.

You can also force 8-bit depth with CTRL+P, which is useful for if you want to preview
how graphics will appear after import, so I documented it.
(This only really needs to change how previews are generated, not the videopage bitdepth)
---
U   wip/browse.bas
U   wip/ohrhelp/browse_import_sprite.txt