[Ohrrpgce] hspeak compile fails on certain output-redirection conditions

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Thu Oct 5 08:39:22 PDT 2017

I noticed that the nightly builds were failing on linux and mac. It seemed
like the recent fix to euc version checking had not gotten applied there,
but when I checked, it definitely had.

After some experimentation I figured out how to reproduce the failure:

  rm hspeak
  scons hspeak 2>&1 | tee output.txt

Which is the output redirection conditions that the nightly build is run
under. Just 2>&1 alone or just | tee alone are not enough to trigger the
problem, it only happens with both.

Looking at get_euphoria_version() in ohrbuild.py I can see that there is
already some odd output redirection voodoo going on, so I'll see if I can
mess with it to make it work.