[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/9721 Disable extended (80bit) precision floating point to fix experience curv

Wed Nov 22 06:24:50 PST 2017

teeemcee
2017-11-22 06:24:50 -0800 (Wed, 22 Nov 2017)
674
Disable extended (80bit) precision floating point to fix experience curve and other math being inconsistent in different builds

In particular, gengcc=0 builds on Linux and Windows were inconsistent with
all other builds, OSes and CPU architectures.

I disabled extended precision under Windows and glibc (it's the default on Linux
and MinGW, but not Windows. Don't know about other OSes using glibc). Only
tested Windows (gengcc=0 and gengcc=1), GNU/Linux x86 (gengcc=0) and
x86_64. Apparently nothing needs to be done on BSDs or Mac, although I'm less
sure about Mac.

The results of the experience curve formula with 120% growth rate, as tested
in autotest, have changed.
---
U   wip/misc.h
U   wip/miscc.c