[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/8784 Begin cleanup of hero position. Remove catx() caty() catz() catd() array

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Wed May 31 02:51:09 PDT 2017

On 31 May 2017 at 09:20, <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> james
> 2017-05-30 14:20:42 -0700 (Tue, 30 May 2017)
> 161
> Begin cleanup of hero position. Remove catx() caty() catz() catd() arrays
> and replace them with cats() array of type CaterpillarHistory
> (More cleanup to follow)
> ---
> U   wip/game.bas
> U   wip/game_udts.bi
> U   wip/gglobals.bi
> U   wip/moresubs.rbas
> U   wip/savegame.rbas
> U   wip/scriptcommands.bas
> U   wip/walkabouts.bas
> U   wip/walkabouts.bi
> U   wip/yetmore2.bas

I was going to say that any "fix" to the caterpillar hero speed problem
would be largely a rewrite, but you really are doing it!

I was concerned that this might clash with my herocount() work, but so far
it's fine, and probably the rest of the change won't conflict either. I'll
try to commit that soon (turns out there are various unrelated conflicts).

https://bitbucket.org/rbv/ohrrpgce/commits/743446cf368d9479a4d8d216d0e3bbd6f9ae49fc?at=herocount

(The main reason I didn't finish was that I didn't like the name
active_hero_count...)