[Ohrrpgce] Old OHR source zips

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Fri May 19 10:11:35 PDT 2017

I only remember using the IPX stuff on DOS, Windows 95, and Windows 98. I
don't think I ever got it working on anything newer.

I don't remember cogman.bas at all, but looking at it now, I think it was
probably intended to be an import/export format for transferring 16-color
sprites from one game to another. I do remember that being an oft-requested
feature in the days before BMP import/export were implemented.

The "sq" in sqfile must be for "Squish". It does indeed look like my
abandoned and forgotten attempt to implement some kind of crude run-length
compression.

romfont.bas is really interesting. I have zero memory of it, and from the
filename, I would have assumed that it was something Brian wrote to convert
the DOS rom font into our font format... but actually looking at the code,
I definitely wrote it. I recognize my documentation style, but I can't
remember who I was writing it for. I so rarely document in that detail if I
am doing it just for myself. I must have just been in a good mood the day I
wrote that :)

I can't remember whether or not Brian ever did upload allmodex anywhere
publicly before it was released as part of the ohrrpgce source. I am
totally going to CC him on this :)