[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/9084 Move the building of .deb files from the 32-bit only section to the 64-b

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 06:31:21 PDT 2017

On 26 July 2017 at 10:11, <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> james
> 2017-07-25 15:11:35 -0700 (Tue, 25 Jul 2017)
> 87
> Move the building of .deb files from the 32-bit only section to the 64-bit
> only section
> ---
> U   wip/distrib.sh
>
> I'm baffled by this and the related changes. You're going from building
.deb packages only for 32-bit machines to only building them from 64-bit
machines? Why?

Also, I totally forgot about hspeak. About time I looked into that..

You can download a linux-x64 build of Euphoria 4.1.0 here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/rapideuphoria/files/Euphoria/4.1.0-beta2/
It's not the latest version (they haven't provided 64-bit downloads for the
latest), but it's pretty recent.
Because I have Euphoria 4.0.3 installed system wide, I had to put this in
my path and set $EUDIR to get it to compile. I don't know if EUDIR is
necessary otherwise.

I tested that the resulting hspeak works, producing byte-for-byte identical
files.
Interestingly, hspeak compiled with Eu 4.1.0 64 bit is faster than Eu 4.0.3
32 bit: 48.88 seconds instead of 76.69 seconds to compile Entrepreneur.
Note that I think there are some Eu 4.1 features I'd like to use (though I
can't remember them), so would like to switch to it anyway.