[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/9072 plotdict: modify CSS to darken boxes with white background due to painfu

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 07:54:59 PDT 2017

I use plotdictionary.html on the server for one thing: linking into the
.xml file with an anchor doesn't work under firefox. The page remains at
the top. You have to hit F5, and then it scrolls down to the anchor. I
changed {{plot}} on the wiki over to the html for this reason.
I also know that chrome by default refused to open the .xml locally. That's
what docs/open_plotdict_with_chrome.sh is for. Don't know if they've fixed
it yet; chrome freezes my computer a lot, so I'm not going to test.

On 26 July 2017 at 02:51, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> Yeah, we can ditch plotdictionary.html from svn
>
> I have not used it in years.
>
> I think the reason I kept it around was that back 10 years ago,
> plotdict.xml loaded excruciatingly slowly on my slow old computer in my
> clunky dinosaur version of Firefox.
>
> I think that the plotdictionary.html is so unncesary that I could even
> remove it from the webserver, and replace it with a redirect to the xml
>

> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 7:40 AM, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Is there any good reason for plotdictionary.html to be checked into svn?
>> Usually you should be able to view the xml file. If you can't do that, then
>> you can either run update-html.sh, or view the html file uploaded nightly.
>> The html file causes a lot of spam in diffs, and huge diffs in cases like
>> this where the .xsl file was changed.
>>
>> On 26 July 2017 at 02:26, <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> teeemcee
>>> 2017-07-25 07:26:05 -0700 (Tue, 25 Jul 2017)