[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/8983 When pathing to an NPC, the destination indicator moves smoothly with th

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 06:06:11 PDT 2017

On 11 July 2017 at 07:09, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, July 11, 2017, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 11 July 2017 at 03:45, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

>>> That is a good point. I'll fix both those things

>>> My plan is to make the indicator a user-definable slice collection. The
>>> ellipse will just be a default.

>>> That is a good idea. I'll start with adding a global max hero path
>>> length. We can see about per-map overrides later.
>>>
>>> And of course, it will be easily accessible from the F8->Mouse Options
>>> debug screen for testing.
>>>

>> That reminds me of the other thing I meant to mention: I noticed that the
>> mouse debug menu modifies the original general.reld.
>>
>> This only makes a difference if you're either using Test Game, or running
>> a .rpgdir. We really need to stop playing .rpgdirs inplace and go back to
>> copying them to playing.tmp (except on Android... and OSX if its in a
>> .app?) because I'm sick of having to revert vikings.rpgdir!
>>
>> If you're running under Custom then changes in the menu only last until
>> Custom overwrites it when it next modifies it.
>> It's not obvious how to make it better behaved under Custom but I guess
>> it could be possible to merge in changes from custom to subtrees that
>> haven't been modified, by using CompareNodes to see what's changed...
>> sounds really low priority.
>>

> Maybe this just means we need to wrap write_general_reld() in #IFNDEF
> IS_GAME
> ?

After looking into it, that will fix Game modifying general.reld when you
use the mouse debug menu while playing. (It'll still write it when
upgrading a .rpgdir, of course). It also fixes the lump permanently being
modified if you Test Game and then quit Custom without modifying any
general data (it doesn't appear to always save general.reld when quitting,
unlike gen(). Which might be a source of bugs. It'll still mean the mouse
options get overwritten by Custom all the time.