[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/8963 Reenable and rewrite mouse support in menus.

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Sat Jul 8 07:42:12 PDT 2017

On Saturday, July 8, 2017, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8 July 2017 at 17:03, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','Bob at hamsterrepublic.com');>> wrote:
>

>> Mostly though, I don't care about touch on laptops, beyond the fact that
>>> it makes testing touch for mobile easier
>>>

>>> Could you test scrolling using touch? In particular, scrolling slowly
>>> and whether the direction is correct.
>>>

>> I just realized that my laptop's touch-screen is single-touch left-click
>> only. It can't do all the stuff that a tablet touch screen can do.
>>
>> It is actually a pen-stylus screen, which also supports touch.
>>
>> (It is nearly impossible to buy a new laptop with
>> pen-stylus/active-digitizer input without ALSO getting touch support (pet
>> peeve #firstworldproblems))
>>

> So it can't scroll? Not even using a zone the edge of the touchscreen?

Nope, no scroll whatsoever, no right click whatsoever. I don't think it is
meant to be used alone.

The pen stylus is more capable. It has pressure sensitivity, and can
distingush whether I am using the on-site or the eraser end (but unless I
am in the gimp or mypaint all that is ignored)

> What's wrong with having a touch screen though? If you don't want it, you
> wouldn't touch it? On the other hand, Visa Paywave, why would I want to let
> people remotely drain my bank account???

I didn't want touchscreen because I was worried about my knuckles making
touch events while I was using the pen. Fortunately, it turns out to not be
much of a problem. The touch is smart about auto-disabling itself when the
pen is close to the screen.

And oh, my goodness yes, being able to pay without taking ones card out of
their wallet/purse was a problem that nobody asked to have solved ever!