[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/8471 Add "Test Game with GDB" option

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Tue Feb 28 07:48:00 PST 2017

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 7:15 AM, <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> teeemcee
> 2017-02-28 07:15:10 -0800 (Tue, 28 Feb 2017)
> 759
> Add "Test Game with GDB" option
>
> Access either from spam menu, or hold down Shift when selecting Test Game
> (holding Shift works both in the main menu and F9 menu)

Nifty!

> Works on Linux and Windows, but probably not on OSX, because it requires
> xterm. Maybe if you were to install X11 on OSX

You know, we could probably replace the xterm specific stuff with some code
that checks for various common terminal programs, and launches the first
one it finds.

On Linux it could search for xterm, gnome-terminal, xfce4-terminal, kterm
and of course I would have to look up the correct syntax for passing
commands to each.

On Mac it looks like we can do something like:

   open -b com.apple.terminal ./command_to_run.sh