[Ohrrpgce] Etheldreme forked, but delayed a couple days

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 19:25:00 PST 2017

On 2 December 2017 at 11:51, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> I forked the etheldreme stable release, but I am going to put off
> releasing it for a couple days. Maybe until Sunday or Monday.
>
> I wanted to do it today, but I have been rather busy with other stuff, and
> then dreamhost is having some technical difficulties that are interfering
> with uploads, and I don't think their tech support is going to get back to
> me today.
>
> So, a couple extra testing days!

Err, yes, "testing"! Testing for bugs, deficiencies and annoyances, which
need fixing too :)

I found a recent 2 1/2 hour youtube video of an old OHR user from the 90's
who was so pleased to rediscover the OHR that he immediately livestreamed
himself making a simple game. It was really interesting to see what he
struggled with, even though he already knew the engine well. You might have
noticed some of my recent comments were of the user interface tweaking
variety.

But, post-fork, now I will start merging in some of my other work.

---