[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/7703 email_save_to_developer, only works on Android. Requires 770bfd5 of sdl-

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Wed Feb 3 07:12:14 PST 2016

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 6:57 PM, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 February 2016 at 07:16, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 9:56 AM, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> OK, I've fixed emailing, tested it with both gmail and the stock Android
>>> email client, committed my changes to all three repositories, and split my
>>> changes in sdl-android into the ohrrpgce and sdl_android branches.
>>> You will need to run "changeAppSettings.sh -a" after pulling the latest
>>> copy of sdl-android.
>>>

>> What does changeAppSettings.sh do? Just looking at the file, makes me
>> thing it is re-generating AndroidAppSettings.cfg ...but I have a had-edited
>> copy of that file for each and every game I have packaged.
>>

> changeAppSettings.sh is used both to change AndroidAppSettings.cfg, and to
> apply the settings in it by patching the necessary files. With the -a
> (automatic) option it only reapplies the existing settings.

Ah, okay. And now I see how that script is called by build.sh which
explains why I have never called it directly before

>> I am happy to switch to ohrrpgce-android, but one thing which is super
>> important to me is that I don't want to lose the ability to do seamless
>> updates of games that have already been packaged with build.sh
>>

> That means we will need a function to automatically convert a
> AndroidAppSettings.cfg file to a json config file for ohrrpgce-android.
> That shouldn't be hard as nearly everything in AndroidAppSettings.cfg can
> be ignored.

I checked and the only things I hand-edit in my various copies of
AndroidAppSettings.cfg are:

AppName
AppFullName
AppVersionCode
AppVersionName
ScreenOrientation

>> Losing the ability to merge upstream sounds acceptable to me. In the
>> early days of our android, porting, I didn't realize how stable and
>> compatible it was going to turn out to be, and I had incorrectly imagined
>> that we would have to be merging in important upstream bugfixes.
>>

> There are still some problems which I think might have been fixed
> upstream, in particular keyboard improvements (but I don't remember what
> problems we were having). As well as various new features and new platforms
> like Android TV. And there is an SDL2 branch that looks like it could make
> supporting SDL2 with our existing build process easy. So I do want to do a
> merge although it will be painful.

Okay, that sounds fine too.