[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/7703 email_save_to_developer, only works on Android. Requires 770bfd5 of sdl-

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 08:16:03 PST 2016

Oh, I had totally forgotten that you were keeping OHR-specific changes
separate. Yes, I guess I could split things up in the same way. I will have
to rewrite the history of my branches though, so don't pull from them for a
moment.

If the pull complained about conflicts, then it didn't complete and you can
do just "git merge --abort" However I think there probably were no
conflicts, so you would have to use reset --hard <ref>.

Having lots of branches is only a problem because it makes it unobvious to
someone else (or yourself, if you've forgotten) what you're actually
working on. I have a couple dozen branches in my OHR repo because I
actually have that many different half-finished features not checked in!
And I find that makes it difficult to remember what all the branches are.
You're using a different branch for every couple of commits and then doing
merges, which isn't really great even if you delete the branches
afterwards, because of the large numbers of unintersting merge commit.
Normal practice is to either merge less frequently, or rebase branches so
that history becomes (more) linear. Of course messy merges is often
unavoidable; I've been browsing the linux repo lately to follow btrfs
development, and it's an incomprehensibly vast sea of merges despite Linus
yelling at anyone who does unnecessary branches and merges. Generally work
on one kernel subproject/system will only get merged with the rest for
release candidates or when otherwise necessary, though there's also lots of
branching and merging within each project.